CAT Preschools Limited incorporates: CAT Preschools Chulmleigh, CAT Preschools East Worlington, CAT Preschools Lapford.
Name of data protection officer: Mike Clarke
At CAT Preschools Limited we respect the privacy of the children attending and the privacy of their parents or carers. The personal information that we collect about you and your child from our Registration Form is used only to provide appropriate care for children that attend our setting, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our legal basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending our preschools.
We will use the details you give us to contact you via phone, email, social media or post, so that we can send you information about your child, our preschools and other relevant news, and also so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
We will not normally share personal data with anyone else, but there are certain circumstances where we may be required to do so. These include, but are not limited to, situations where:
- There is an issue with a pupil or parent/carer that puts the safety of our staff at risk
- We need to liaise with other agencies – we will seek consent as necessary before doing this
- Our suppliers or contractors need data to enable us to provide services to our staff and pupils – for example, IT companies. When doing this, we will:
- Only appoint suppliers or contractors which can provide sufficient guarantees that they comply with data protection law
- Establish a contract with the supplier or contractor to ensure the fair and lawful processing of any personal data we share
- Only share data that the supplier or contractor needs to carry out their service.
We will also share personal data with law enforcement and government bodies where we are legally required to do so.
We may also share personal data with emergency services and local authorities to help them to respond to an emergency situation that affects any of our pupils or staff.
Where we transfer personal data internationally, we will do so in accordance with data protection law.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- we will not be able to continue to care for your child if we do not have sufficient information about them
- even after your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so cannot delete everything immediately.
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
* We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of complaints, accidents, and attendance) for set periods of time after your child ceases to be in our care, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.